Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello

OK world, in the words of Felicia Day, stop planning and do it!

I have been toying with the idea of trying to  write some fantasy for quite a while, and this is going to happen. On here I'll post some of my flash fiction and ideas. I thought it best to make this effort separate from my review site, since I'm still going ahead with Fantasy Opinion.

For my first flash fiction story, I'll be taking the Wendig challenge on that he posts every Friday. One week to write 1000 words in any genre. This week it's this, Five Titles Challenge. The title I'll be tackling is The Black Lighthouse.

I'm also going to take part in nanowrimo, writing a whole novel in November. Additional to all this, I'm busy trying to establish my first serious fantasy world. I think I have a pretty fun central idea that will work. I'm struggling a bit with naming characters and places, but struggling through it seems the way to learn.

I've heard it said again and again that the first few novels anyone tries to write sucks, but it still needs to get written. I'm exited!

No comments:

Post a Comment